Capability to do correct frequency throttling and PM when the cpufreqdrivers are compiled into kernel

From: Ozan ÃaÄlayan
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 09:47:28 EST

Hi,

Is the mainline kernel fully capable of detecting the processor model/family for
using the correct power management stuff when all the cpufreq, powernow*, acpi_processor,
etc. are made into kernel instead of loadable modules?

Or more precisely, can we get totally rid of the userspace init scripts which probes, loads, tweaks power management modules by parsing some /proc files, when we make them in-kernel?

Thanks,

--

Ozan ÃaÄlayan
<ozan_at_pardus.org.tr>