Google Summer of Code 2009: Linux kernel project ideas

From: Till Kamppeter
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 19:07:57 EST

Hi,

last year we had also mentored two Linux kernel projects as part of the Linux Foundation's participation in the Google Summer of Code and these projects got successfully completed.

Also this year the Linux Foundation is applying as a mentoring organization. To get the best chances to get accepted, we will need a project idea list which a variety of projects.

In addition, the Linux kernel is a big project always searching for new developers and having work to be done.

Therefore I ask you whether you are interested to mentor GSoC students to work on some kernel projects. If so, please add your project ideas to our ideas list:

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009

Best would be to add them before the org application deadline tomorrow, Friday, March 13, 7pm UTC, so that the people from Google find a rich ideas list when selecting the orgs.

If the kernel is entering as a mentoring organization by itself, please tell. Then we will remove the kernel group from our ideas list.

Till