Re: x86-microcode: get rid of set_cpus_allowed()

From: Andreas Herrmann
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 13:40:37 EST

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 07:44:37AM +0100, Rusty Russell wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 March 2009 06:08:59 Dmitry Adamushko wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > here is a possible candidate for Rusty's cpumask-refactored series.
> > Note the [*] remark below though.
>
> Ah, OK, I'll drop my version then (below) in favor of this, and will
> push to Ingo with the others if he doesn't take it directly.

Sorry guys -- for the late reply --
but I missed Dmitry's mail due to some silly mail filtering and had to
restore his mail ...

Now I've tested both patches and both seem to reliably prevent
microcode updates on CPU1 and CPU2 of an Phenom X3 after
suspend/resume. (Just CPU0 was updated.)

Then I've tested mainline kernel w/o your patches and I've observed
similar problems. I've seen that sometimes ucode of CPU0 was not
updated and sometimes CPU1 and CPU2 were not updated.

I'll look into this asap.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Operating | Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
System | Karl-Hammerschmidt-Str. 34, 85609 Dornach b. München, Germany