Re: linux-next: Tree for March 11 (staging/multimedia)

From: Hans Verkuil
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 14:28:33 EST

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 19:21:52 Randy Dunlap wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:

> >> drivers/staging/go7007/go7007-v4l2.c:1830: error: 'VID_TYPE_CAPTURE'
> >> undeclared here (not in a function)
> >
> > Odd, nothing has changed in this driver, is this a v4l api change?
>
> I don't know if the vl4 API changed, but this error has been around
> for some time now. Just because it's just now being reported is one
> change. Surely other people build these drivers. ???
>

> I do know that other video drivers (with one exception) don't set:
> .vfl_type = VID_TYPE_CAPTURE,
> at all, so maybe it's not needed (?).

That's correct, this assignment isn't needed. The error appears now since
VID_TYPE_CAPTURE has been made inaccessible for V4L2 drivers. Only old V4L1
drivers can use it.

This change was very recent and before that it compiled fine. Although even
then that code was wrong (but harmless).

Just remove that line and it will compile fine again. Although unless
someone will take this driver to the next level it will probably break
again once the old autoprobing i2c API is removed (and that's slated for
2.6.30 if all goes well).

Regards,

Hans