Re: Efforts on automatic configuration of a kernel - for lazy people

From: Sitsofe Wheeler
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 03:38:50 EST

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 10:26:33PM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> I'm learning if there are any projects which have taken on the task of
> automatically generating a kernel .config for you. I tend to hop
>
> [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/153290/
> [2] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/16/290

This question keeps seems to be recuring: http://tinyurl.com/clux2h .
As for new scripts, this one seems pretty good but was mentioned later
in the LKML thread you linked: http://cateee.net/autokernconf/ .

(So a small list seems to be diet-kconfig, autokernconf and the helper
script in the Linux Kernel in a Nutshell book).

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/