Re: Failover Kernel

From: Tarkan Erimer
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 08:35:55 EST

On 03/06/2009 03:10 AM, david@xxxxxxx wrote:
wrong, kernel structures can change in any patch. they can even change with different configuration options.

but even if they are the same version and configuration options, that doesn't address the fact that you can't trust the in-kernel structures because they may have been damaged by whatever caused the crash.

David Lang

Sorry for late reply. I was away for a while. Hmmm... I understood. It seems, it's not so possible. Thanks for who replied to this thread.