Re: 2.6.29-rc breaks STD using Intel 945

From: Rolf Eike Beer
Date: Sun Mar 08 2009 - 14:46:18 EST

Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 08:20:56PM +0100, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > I tested several snapshots post 2.6.28 and all of them show one severe
> > problem: resume from disk is not always successful. Only about 50% of the
> > resume attempts work, in the other cases I just get a completely black
> > screen, can't switch to text console or anything. What I often get is a
> > line like this in the logs directly before suspend:
>
> Does this happen when X hasn't been started and you suspend to disk then
> resume?

I tested several times without X, with X running only in backgroud (i.e. me
initiating the suspend from console) and from xdm only. Never it froze. That
leads me to the conclusion that it is probably related to composite. I'm
using KDE 4.2.

Here is the corresponding section from Xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
BoardName "945 GM"
BusID "0:2:0"
Driver "intel"