Re: no sound with DIGITAL INPUT

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 18:49:15 EST

At Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:41:01 -0500,
jacques wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've compiled again with verbose enabled then selected auto for the
> model (still no sound from digital input).

Give alsa-info output with model=auto, then, please.

> I played with arecord a
> little bit before copying the outputs from dmesg.

Separate the kernel message between the probing and arecord.
You mixed up all, and I can't see which message belong to which
condition at all.

> Sometimes, when
> recording, it shows buffer underrun.

It's normal, depending on the setup.

> I can see some error in the log as
> well as strange detection like "MSI" config but the motherboard is a
> Giga-Byte.

It's just a static string found in the driver code. Ignore it.

> It detects the right model (6-stack-dig). We can see some
> "disabled" messages.

This is normal. Ignore it.

> Also, it detects the digital input for the PCBeep
> (input: HDA Digital PCBeep)???Strange...

It's digital "beep". Ignore it.

Takashi