Re: Acer Aspire One fan control

From: Peter Feuerer
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 15:48:29 EST

Matthew Garrett writes:

I get the temperature by calling ec_read(0x58) and can read/write the state of the fan by ec_write to / ec_read from 0x55. Actually I don't know if those embedded controller registers are used by the firmware. How can I find it out?

Ok, yup, that should be safe. It might be nice to implement this as an hwmon driver, potentially tying it into the thermal layer.

Thank you very much, I will have a deeper look into hwmon and the thermal layer.

--peter