Re: irq-disabled vs vmap vs text_poke

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 08:05:26 EST

* Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think I got a mostly working patch cobbled together sitting here
> > somewhere. I was waiting for some _really_ good use case before spending
> > more time on it. I would prefer if at all possible to do vmap operations
> > in sleepable, process context.
>
> Agreed, I think we want to fix text_poke() and make the vmap/vunmap()
> ops yell louder at violations of these rules.
>
> I'm just totally clueless wrt text_poke() hence this email ;-)

also, this started triggering yesterday for the first time - and never
saw it before. Has some commit caused this side-effect?

It triggers during kprobes self-test - has that been improved recently?

Maybe these:

f24659d: kprobes: support probing module __init function
0deddf4: module: add MODULE_STATE_LIVE notify
49ad2fd: kprobes: remove called_from argument
e8386a0: kprobes: support probing module __exit function
017c39b: kprobes: add __kprobes to kprobe internal functions
1294156: kprobes: add kprobe_insn_mutex and cleanup arch_remove_kprobe()
a06f621: module: add within_module_core() and within_module_init()
12da3b8: kprobes: add tests for register_kprobes
8e11440: kprobes: indirectly call kprobe_target
bc2f701: kprobes: bugfix: try_module_get even if calling_mod is NULL

exposed this (long-lived) bug?

Ingo