[patch 0/2 v2] vmscan: one cleanup, one bugfix

From: MinChan Kim
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 19:16:25 EST

Hi Andrew,

the first patch is that it moves the suspend-to-disk memory
shrinking functions to use sc.nr_reclaimed all over instead of maintaining
an extra local variable. It was suggested by Kosaki-san and modified
by me and Hannes.

The second patch which is written by Hannes is a bugfix
for shrink_all_memory() which currently does reclaim more than requested
because of setting swap_cluster_max once to our overall reclaim goal
but failing to decrease it while we go and reclaim is making progress.
Hannes added Nigel Cunningham to Cc because ISTR he complained
about exactly this behaviour. Well, this patch seems to fix it, Hannes even
added some shiny numbers coming from real tests!

I just remaked second patch based on my first patch.
Notice that it is just Hannes's contribution. :)

--
Kinds Regards
MinChan Kim