[patch 0/2] vmscan: one cleanup, one bugfix

From: Johannes Weiner
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 06:51:51 EST

Hi Andrew,

the first patch is from KOSAKI Motohiro, it moves the suspend-to-disk memory
shrinking functions to use sc.nr_reclaimed all over instead of maintaining
an extra local variable.

The second patch is a bugfix for shrink_all_memory() which currently does
reclaim more than requested because of setting swap_cluster_max once to our
overall reclaim goal but failing to decrease it while we go and reclaim is
making progress. Added Nigel Cunningham to Cc because ISTR he complained
about exactly this behaviour. Well, this patch seems to fix it, I even
added some shiny numbers coming from real tests!

Hannes