Re: PROBLEM: Can't boot a (HZ = 1000) kernel using an AMDPhenom-II processor

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 09:19:21 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 05:20:08PM -0500, Mark Hounschell wrote:
> Mark Hounschell wrote:

> > Ok, attached is the bootlog.txt, x86info.txt, and lsmsr.txt
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark
> >

> That bootlog was captured from the serial console, but comparing it to the dmesg
> I see more info in the dmesg. The extra stuff for "apic=debug" must not be going
> to the serial console?? Either way here is the demsg output too.
>
> Regards
> Mark
>

> BIOS EBDA/lowmem at: 0009f000/0009f000
> Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
> Linux version 2.6.28.3-250Hz (root@harley) (gcc version 4.3.1 20080507 (prerelease) [gcc-4_3-branch revision 135036] (SUSE Linux) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 6 11:48:54 EST 2009

maybe I wasn't clear enough - I meant to boot a _1000HZ_ kernel not a
250HZ one with highres timers disabled, if the line above is correct.
Can you try the same thing as above again, please, but this time use a
1000HZ 32bit kernel.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Operating | Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
System | Karl-Hammerschmidt-Str. 34, 85609 Dornach b. München, Germany
Research | Geschäftsführer: Jochen Polster, Thomas M. McCoy, Giuliano Meroni
Center | Sitz: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis München
(OSRC) | Registergericht München, HRB Nr. 43632