parsing console cmdline

From: Felipe Balbi
Date: Sun Feb 08 2009 - 12:45:58 EST

Hi all,

a simple question: is it possible to register another function to decode
console= cmdline ?

I mean, I see console cmdline being decoded in
kernel/printk.c:console_setup(), but I have a special console that today
is using a platform specific TAG to be enabled and I wanna clean that up
by parsing the console via console cmdline, which makes sense. So, is it
possible that I create a special setup() function for that console of
mine ? Or should I patch console_setup() ??

--
balbi