Re: x86-tip.today: flood of WARNING: at include/linux/sched.h:2238run_posix_cpu_timers+0xea/0x79f()

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 09:01:54 EST

* Mike Galbraith <efault@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Futzing with kerneltop this morning, I fired up amarok to give it
> something light to monitor while I hunt missing events. Something bad
> happened, and when I finally (SysRq-E took minutes) got control of box
> back, dmesg was full of a steady stream of the below.
>
> That warning can be kinda unfriendly.
>

> [ 9964.600004] ------------[ cut here ]------------
> [ 9964.600006] WARNING: at include/linux/sched.h:2238 run_posix_cpu_timers+0xea/0x79f()

ah, that's Peter's stuff:

4cd4c1b: timers: split process wide cpu clocks/timers
32bd671: signal: re-add dead task accumulation stats.

The discussion with Oleg resulted in the conclusion i
think that the warning is spurious and should be removed.

I've commited the minimal fix below to tip:master. There's
more fixes needed too but this should solve the warning
flood at least.

Ingo