Re: Genapic cleanup & NUMAQ/es7000 removal

From: Tim Pepper
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 11:15:47 EST

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just to demonstrate the clean up possibilities by removing es7000
> and numaq here's a sample patch series. It doesn't actually remove
> the es7000/numaq code, but just marks them broken and then
> removes all the hooks only used by them. I'm not actually sure
> I caught all the now unused hooks, there are probably now more.
> Also I think there's still some other NUMAQ only code in smpboot.c
> that could be exercised.
>
> This removes 6 hooks and 2 fields out of struct genapic (out of 26
> hooks, a reduction of ~23%!)
>
> The first three patches are independent cleanups that should
> be applied anyways.
>
> This gives a nice generic cleanup:

These look good to me for inclusion along with the big "x86: unify
genapic code, unify subarchitectures, remove old subarchitecture code"
series, or as Andi's indicated the initial cleanups themselves if the
other big set doesn't make the 2.6.30 for some reason. For this
series:

Acked-by: Tim Pepper <lnxninja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>