Re: cgroup mount point

From: Gustavo Noronha
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 10:19:53 EST

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 23:44 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> I agree with all that Thadeu Lima says here. I would add that cgroups
> are nothing to do with device nodes, so definitely don't belong in
> â/dev/â either.
>
> Since they're a filesystem mapping âfor browsing and manipulation
> from user spaceâ of a kernel facility, I think â/sys/cgroups/â is
> appropriate.

I agree with this point of view. I believe /sys/cgroups is the way to
go. Now, of course this has the drawback of shadowing something future
versions of Linux would make available at that same path, but I am
pretty sure they would be careful not to do that after distributions
have settled on a standard path.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha <kov@xxxxxxxxxx>