Re: serial8250 madness

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 13:39:24 EST

David Daney wrote:
I did, I read every word of it. I am sorry I was not specific enough for you. I really meant to ask:

Do you have: CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE=y

"Machine A - ttyS0 works fine. Can get grub output, kernel boot and console via ttyS0 as I wanted."

So the whole chain works fine on this machine. This couldn't work without CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE or if I didn't know _how_ to do it.

But to prove it conclusively
$ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE=y

Sorry for being snappy. Long day ;)

Andrew Walrond