Re: [patch 016/104] epoll: introduce resource usage limits

From: Bron Gondwana
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 00:01:19 EST

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:48 -0800, "Greg KH" <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> The default value for "max_user_instances" is set to 128, that should be enough too.

Our fairly heavily loaded postfix backup mx (lots of spams rejected per day) hit this
limit running kernel 2.6.27.8. Any particular reason for it being as low as 128
by default?

This is a kvm virtual machine running on a reasonably beefy external box, but
with 2Gb RAM allocated to the mx instance because that's all kvm would let me
use last time I checked. We're using KVM so the local copy of the database is
a little further away from the "internet facing side" and so we can build each
machine with our standard FAI setup.

Regards,

Bron.
--