Re: uml: sigprocmask fix

From: Shane Hathaway
Date: Thu Jan 22 2009 - 15:16:40 EST

Américo Wang wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 06:18:01PM -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:
I just ran into the same issue described here:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/1/15/194

Like Americo Wang, my user mode linux compile failed when attempting to
link ".tmp_vmlinux". However, his patch is probably wrong. The problem
is that the name "sigprocmask" is getting renamed to
"kernel_sigprocmask" by a compiler directive in arch/um/Makefile, then
that name gets mangled into "sys_kernel_sigprocmask" by the
SYSCALL_DEFINE3(sigprocmask, ...) macro in kernel/signal.c.

Hmmm, I found this, but note that replacing sigprocmask with
kernel_sigprocmask is done by strip, that should be after compiling.
But macros are processed before compiling.

Am I missing something?

Probably not, but have you made progress in figuring out why others can apparently successfully compile UML without patching sys_call_table.S at all? That's the real mystery.

Shane