Re: regulator: Add always off to constraints.

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 07:43:53 EST

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:07:05PM +0000, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

> 1) interaction between always on and always off. Obviously it's
> a bit odd if both are set. Currently I'm giving always on preference.

I'd just complain loudly and refuse to accept the constraints if they
are clearly broken like that.

One thing I would suggest is a slightly weaker version which marks the
regulator to be turned off at boot rather than always off. That's
slightly more flexible and would achieve the same effect if the
constraints don't otherwise allow for turning the regulator on layer.

> 2) Doesn't really make sense to have regulators that are always
> disabled available under sysfs etc. Perhaps there is a lower
> level way of doing this that I'm missing? There is not easy
> way of permanently saving this stuff on the da9030 that I'm
> using and moving it into the bootloader would be a pain.

It doesn't do *that* much harm - if nothing else it makes it more
discoverable what's happening.