Re: [RFC] Regulator: Add a voltage changed event to notifyconsumers

From: Mark Brown
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 10:29:33 EST

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 06:47:25PM +0000, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

> -out:
> + mutex_unlock(&rdev->mutex);
> + _notifier_call_chain(rdev, REGULATOR_EVENT_VOLTAGE_CHANGE, NULL);
> + return 0;
> +out_unlock:

It'd be nice if we could modify _notifier_call_chain() to push the
locking out a bit so we don't need to drop the lock before calling the
notifier. On the other hand, for anything that isn't memory mapped or
GPIO controlled (most regulators are in this category) the cost of the
I/O is going to make this a non-issue.