Re: [4/7] dst: thread pool.

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Jan 18 2009 - 19:08:54 EST

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:58:10 -0800
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Thread pool is used for crypto processing of incoming and outgoing
> > IO requests to reduce the overall overhead.
>
> This is at least our fourth thread pool implementation, not counting
> kernel/workqueue.c:
>
> 1: pdflush

I will look at moving pdflush to async function calls.. sounds like a
good "get over jetlag" project

> 2: David Howells' "slow work" infrastructure

this one is *weird*. The infrastructure deals with object refcounting
somehow.

> 4: Your "dst thread pool"

from the context... I wouldn't be surprised if this can just use async
function calls as well... it's simple enough on first sight.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org