Re: 2.6.29-rc1: thinkpad problems during resume

From: Christian Borntraeger
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 09:46:32 EST

Am Freitag 16 Januar 2009 schrieb Pavel Machek:
> Hi!

> > > I reproduced that: echo 0 > online works, echo 1 > online hangs. Will
> > > compile SMP-less kernel to verify that there are no more problems...

I made some progress on my T61p. git from yesterday + a revert of
commit e39ad415ac15116df213dfa2aa2a4f1b0857af9c
Author: Mike Travis <travis@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun Jan 4 05:18:10 2009 -0800

cpumask: use work_on_cpu in acpi-cpufreq.c for read_measured_perf_ctrs

makes cpu hotplug working again. Resume from suspend to ram is still broken on
my Thinkpad. Looks like there is yet another patch to find....

Ingo, Mike: reverting e39ad415ac15116df213dfa2aa2a4f1b0857af9c fixes cpu
hotplug on my thinkpad. Any idea how to proceed? Should we revert that patch
in Linus git until we know what was wrong?