Re: [PULL}: latest tip/cpus4096 changes

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Jan 16 2009 - 09:28:08 EST

* Mike Travis <travis@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> commit b758cdbee5da0b8fb7e34a68651e6ccc5310b48a
> Author: Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu Jan 15 16:29:16 2009 -0800
>
> work_on_cpu: Use our own workqueue.
>
> Impact: remove potential circular lock dependency with generic kevent workqueue
>
> Annoyingly, some places we want to use work_on_cpu are already in
> workqueues. As per Ingo's suggestion, we create a different workqueue
> for work_on_cpu.

btw., that's a nice fix - were you able to reproduce any of the lockdep
asserts that i got in testing, and did those go away with this patch?

If yes then that's nice and makes work_on_cpu() a lot more usable IMO.

If not then that should generally be declared in the pull request:
"beware, different approach than before but might still trigger lockdep
warnings".

Ingo