Re: OOPS and freeze on 2.6.29-rc1 on xen-x86

From: Bryan Donlan
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 19:18:26 EST

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Andrew Morton
<akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 01:47:40 -0500
> "Bryan Donlan" <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> After testing 2.6.29-rc1 on xen-x86 with a btrfs root filesystem, I
>> got the OOPS quoted below and a hard freeze shortly after boot
>> (running update-grub of all things).
>> Boot messages and config are attached.
>>
>> This is on a test system, so I'd be happy to test any patches.
>
> Are you able to reproduce this without using btrfs?

Hi,

Sorry, it looks like this message made it through after all - I had
resent it with inline config/etc after it appeared to vanish into a
spam filter somewhere, and discussion is happening in that thread
instead: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/779350
(message-id <20090112172613.GA8746@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)

It's been bisected there, and I believe there's a revert queued
already as a short-term fix.

Thanks,

Bryan Donlan