Re: lowmemory android driver not needed?

From: Arve Hjønnevåg
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 21:30:54 EST

The oom killer does not kick in until all caches are emptied. Our user
space code changes the oom_adj value of processes that are no longer
in the foreground so that they killed first (the process saves its
state but does not exit). To avoid excessive demand paging, the low
memory killer will kill these processes when the memory available
drops below a threshold.

--
Arve Hjønnevåg