Re: todays git: WARNING: at drivers/ata/libata-sff.c:1017 ata_sff_hsm_move+0x45e/0x750()

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 08:01:44 EST

Hello.

Alan Cox wrote:

That's the typical REQUEST SENSE command with 18-byte data length.

Which means something has become horribly broken in the core libata stack.
An 18 byte inquiry would have 18 bytes as the *last* sg element. That

Did you get me right? 18 bytes is the typical REQUEST SENSE payload (libata requested 96 bytes), not INQUIRY. For the INQUIRY 36 bytes was requested and received (divisible by 4).
And I doubt there can be more than one S/G segment with such lengths...

WBR, Sergei