Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Andreas Mohr
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 05:25:31 EST

Hi,

> Adrian Bunk (1):
>
> The overdue eepro100 removal.

That would be a rather pronounced NAK then? (sorry ;)
(reason: rendering my web surfing box useless due to networking loss,
see thread "[RFC/PATCH] e100 driver didn't support any MII-less PHYs...")

AFAICS e100 is still "non-MII"-challenged (2.6.28 doesn't appear to have
the necessary changes, and this pull doesn't seem to contain updates either),
and a long chain of attempts to get this resolved hasn't worked yet.

Somehow I seem to hit some nice walls getting my stuff into kernel.
- e100 MII
- i810 AGP resume fix
- acx100 (ok, that one is a bit mean to add to this list ;)
- ...
ALSA patches handled by Takashi OTOH were almost always a
"bammm, in it is, there you are, HAND".

I can't seem to wash away my slightly CK'ish feeling ;)

Thanks,

Andreas Mohr