Re: [w1] Allow master IO commands.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 18:19:53 EST

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 03:14:18PM -0800, Andrew Morton (akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Do we have checks in there to ensure that we can't run off the end of
> the buffer?

Yes, w1_process_search_command() calls w1_search_devices() with the
w1_send_slave() callback which is invoked each time new slave is
detected. w1_send_slave() checks if amount of available data is enough
to store additional ID and sends message otherwise. The last message is
being sent with the flag indicating that, and it is sent no matter if
there were some slave devices found or not.

> > Ok, I will space it to the left. Should I sent patch on top of it or
> > instead of?
>
> Is OK, I'll fix it. That change messes up the following patches so I
> fixed them as well.

Thanks a lot Andrew!

--
Evgeniy Polyakov