RE: is it a timer bug?

From: Shi, Alex
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 03:20:03 EST

OK, but my machine is not a production machine.
A, 2.6.28-rc8 with tickles and highres
PowerTOP version 1.9 (C) 2007 Intel Corporation

Cn Avg residency P-states (frequencies)
C0 (cpu running) (65.1%)
C1 0.0ms ( 0.0%)
C2 105.8ms (34.9%)

Wakeups-from-idle per second : 3.8 interval: 5.0s
no ACPI power usage estimate available
B, 2.6.28-rc8 with tickless only
PowerTOP version 1.9 (C) 2007 Intel Corporation

Cn Avg residency P-states (frequencies)
C0 (cpu running) (14.0%)
C1 0.0ms ( 0.0%)
C2 3.4ms (86.0%)

Wakeups-from-idle per second : 255.6 interval: 5.0s
no ACPI power usage estimate available

Top causes for wakeups:
87.9% (267.6) <interrupt> : extra timer interrupt
C, 2.6.27 with tickless only:
PowerTOP version 1.9 (C) 2007 Intel Corporation

Cn Avg residency P-states (frequencies)
C0 (cpu running) (53.8%) 2.53 Ghz 0.0%
C1 0.0ms ( 0.0%) 2.53 Ghz 87.5%
C2 243.0ms (46.2%) 2.40 Ghz 0.0%
1.60 Ghz 12.5%

Wakeups-from-idle per second : 2.2 interval: 30.0s
no ACPI power usage estimate available
I have checked the /proc/interrupts, the interrupt 0 is really triggered too much times.
Brgs
Alex

N?叉??y??b??千v??藓{.n???{?赙zXФ?塄}?财??j:+v???赙zZ+€?zf"?????i????ア??璀??撷f?^j谦y??@A?囤?0鹅h??i