Re: Bugs on aspire one A150

From: J.A. MagallÃn
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 18:25:24 EST

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 01:18:28 +0200, Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 23:57 +0100, J.A. MagallÃn wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:15:38 +0200, Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > > I also noticed, that now the SD only card reader is always enabled
> > > regardless of card been there while booting, and same happens in
> > > windows, I suspect that this is permanent hardware change, which worries
> > > me, but this reader works fine otherwise.
> > > (This is another reason why binary bioses are evil, go and find out why
> > > it enables it)
> > >

> > Which BIOS ? Mine is 3304, kernel is 2.6.28-rc8, and LEFT card is not detected
> > unless I use this option:
> >
> > options sdhci debug_quirks=1
> >
> v0.3301
>
> left read was and does work fine, but before some time it wasn't present
> on boot, if there were no card in it, but was hotplugged using acpiphp
> when I put it there, but now it is present regardless of card, and I did
> no changes in system, so it must be a hardware malfunction/bug.

But how do you load acpiphp ? I try and I just get:

one:/etc# modprobe acpiphp debug=1
FATAL: Error inserting acpiphp (/lib/modules/2.6.28-desktop-0.rc8.1mnb/kernel/drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp.ko.gz): No such device

from syslog:

acpiphp: ACPI Hot Plug PCI Controller Driver version: 0.5
acpiphp_glue: Total 0 slots

??

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com> \ Software is like sex:
\ It's better when it's free