Re: suspend/resume fails on second attempt in LNXVIDEO:00

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 17:30:17 EST

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:43:09 -0800, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

not too sure what the situation is for you, but if you're deciding to
stay with 2.6.24.* then look through the commits to see if this has been
resolved. if not then load the latest git to see if this has been
committed for the fix.

Well, I've just built and installed 2.6.28-rc8 and the problem persists.

if it's just debugging then hmm.. maybe ssh (but
you don't have intranet upon wakeup);

Right. It's for all intents and purposes "dead" on resume. Even CAPSLOCK on the console does not active the LED.

maybe usb or some other hard wired
mechanism?

I'd hoped to do serial console, but sadly, this laptop, like many today doesn't have even a single serial port. I had considered a USB serial and making it console (if even possible) but now I am just spending more money trying to get this stupid laptop working. ~sigh~

b.

From over here with a macbook(no serial port as well)
making debugging intricate to the extent.
With running radeon it's weired,
if I do an echo mem > /sys/power/state
upon wakeup I'll have a black screen,(intranet works)
but if I do a s2ram "poof" like magic it works.
if using (sorry for the word) fglrx, echo mem
works. haven't tried s2ram with that though.
Aside note glad to see you're running the latest kernel.
for the past week or so there was posts about suspend
but haven't kept up(was busy looking at SELinux refpolicy UBAC)
maybe there was some talks or even some patches submitted
for what you're dealing with?

regards;

Justin P. Mattock