Re: [RFC] x86: entry_64 - introduce FTRACE_ frame macro

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 16:41:53 EST

[Cyrill Gorcunov - Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:35:38AM +0300]

| | Why add assembly condition? We only want this if CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER
| | is enabled, right? We could combine it with the current #ifndef inside
| | the CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER. But I would make do:
| |
| | #ifdef __ASSEMBLY__
| | <your stuff>
| | #else
| | < C stuff >
| | #endif
| |
| | -- Steve
|
| Steve, here is how it could look like:
| (I liked first proposal more :)

If you meant to put them under CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACER only it would
lead to more hard to parse by human representation I believe :)
That is why I put __ASSEMBLY__ in that way (I mean only two sections
__ASSEMBLY__ and #else and all original stuff here) Btw there was an
error in ftrace.h. Iirc gas know nothing about (long) so MCOUNT_ADDR
should be under #ifndef actually. But that is not that serious since
we dont use it now in *.S (don't we?).

- Cyrill -