Re: Auto generate .config.

From: Marcello Henrique
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 11:23:41 EST

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 14:14, Renato S. Yamane
<yamane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marcello Henrique wrote:
>> How make to generate the file .config from my distribution to compile
>> new optimized kernel?
>
> Marcello, default .config file of your distro can be founded in /boot
> directory in something like this: "config-2.6.26".
>
> Just rename it to .config and move it to your kernel source directory.
>
> Best regards,
> Renato

Hello Renato,

I understand that this is possible, but would not be possible to
generate one .config of modules that are running to compile a kernel
optimized?

The idea is that the kernel of my distribution is too fat and I only
generate a kernel module that I use automatically from a kernel fat.
understand?

I thank in advance.
--
Marcello Henrique