Re: [rfc][patch] SLQB slab allocator

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 04:43:20 EST

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 08:23:55AM +0100, Nick Piggin wrote:
> Anyway, I'll see if I can work out why SLQB is slower. Do you have
> socketallocbench online?

Hmph, it seems to be in the noise (I'm testing with an AMD system
though). Some boots SLAB is faster, other boots, SLQB is. Could be
a matter of luck in cacheline placement maybe?

I think this benchmark (after the slab rcu patch) will be pretty
trivial for any slab allocator because it will basically be each
CPU allocating then freeing an object.