Re: Linux 2.6.28-rc8

From: Joerg Roedel
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 03:41:18 EST

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 05:04:39PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> (a) just make the -rc's go on a few more weeks, and do 2.6.28 after xmas
>
> I like this, because alledgely people are debugging things, and we'd
> get a more stable 2.6.28.

I'll vote for a. An open merge window over the holidays possible results
in needless stresses for the developers at a time which some of them
want to use otherwise. Or if any merge introduces bad bugs and the
developers that can fix it are on xmax vacation we may end up with an
unusable upstream tree for a week or so. Same with merge conflicts.
So, I'd suggest to wait until everybody is back to work until opening
the merge window.

Joerg