Re: [bug?] bio: add experimental support for inlining a number ofbio_vecs inside the bio

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 16:13:38 EST

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:12:38 +0100
Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > experimental??
>
> Experimental in the sense that it's the first version, not the concept.
> It's held up well for me, but just yesterday I received the first bug
> report on a ppc platform and now you have this on ia64.

Well there's another bug report up-list. "next-20081209: pdflush: page
allocation failure (xfs)".

The clearing of (__GFP_WAIT | __GFP_IO) will call the page allocator in the
weakest possible mode and will of course spew page allocations warnings
with great frequency. It should at least add in __GFP_NOWARN.