Re: Oops in UHCI when encountering "host controller process error"

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 14:15:28 EST

Alan Stern wrote:
The entry point is uhci_urb_enqueue(). You can do whatever you like there, but bear in mind that it may be called in interrupt context. uhci_sprint_schedule() should be fine.

However I don't really see the point. If the DMA pool allocations are so badly messed up that the initial setup is wrong, why bother to search any further?

I was trying to use it as a way of gauging where the damage was coming from.

But its moot now; Ian Campbell tracked it down to a missing TLB flush which explained all the weird non-deterministic symptoms we were seeing. It all looks pretty good now.