Re: "APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)" during resume (was: Regression from2.6.26: Hibernation (possibly suspend) broken on Toshiba R500)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 10:53:04 EST

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Frans Pop wrote:

> Anybody interested in persuing this issue?

> > The third thing that worries me is the _very_ early occurrence of
> >
> > ACPI: Waking up from system sleep state S3
> > APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)
> > ACPI: EC: non-query interrupt received, switching to interrupt mode

Well, the "too early" part is fixed with the PCI resume changes in -next,
and googling for "APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)" shows that it's actually
pretty common. Which is sad, but makes it somewhat less scary.

The fact that it happens at resume for you (and not randomly) does imply
that we perhaps don't have a wonderful APIC wakeup sequence and are doing
something slightly wrong. But it likely isn't a big deal.

Is that message new? If it is, maybe you can pinpoint roughly when it
started happening, and we could try guess which change triggered it.

Linus