Re: [HW PROBLEM] Intel I7 MCE. Erratum or not?

From: Giangiacomo Mariotti
Date: Tue Dec 09 2008 - 06:59:55 EST

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Giangiacomo Mariotti" <gg.mariotti@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Also it might be really some problem with this particular CPU.
>>>
>>> -Andi
>>>
>> It might be interesting to notice that booting a different distro and
>
> Does that different distro have machine checks enabled, was
> mcelog installed and did you wait 5 minutes for mcelog's cronjob to run?

That distro is SystemRescueCd v1.1.3(2.6.27.7) 64bit and yes it has MCE
enabled and it logged the usual single MCE after booting into it. From there
I mounted my debian 64 bit(2.6.27.8) partition, chrooted into it and kexeced
my 64bit 2.6.27.8(which, if booted directly from power up, gives the
usual single MCE after boot)
kernel and this time no MCE appeared. I still haven't rebooted and no
MCE appeared.