Re: UBI/DVB ioctl conflict?

From: Artem Bityutskiy
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 11:36:18 EST

Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Monday 08 December 2008, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 10:41 +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this only matters for devices that would implement both the UBI and DVB API on the same inode ? That would be quite unlikely.
Yeah, I guess. But this anyway makes sense to keep ioctls
non-overlapping.

We try hard (but sometimes fail) to keep every ioctl number unique.
The reason for this is that the device drivers are not the only
pieces of code that look at them. Specifically, three other things
frequently cause problems here:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know the status of the
Documentation/ioctl/ioctl-number.txt file - it does not seem to be up-to-date.
Should I document add UBI ioctls there?

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (ÐÑÑÑÐ ÐÐÑÑÑÐÐÐ)