Re: Nasty regression from .27.7 to .27.8: idle samba goes crazy

From: Holger Hoffstaette
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 03:07:50 EST

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 08:34:22 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> On Monday, 8 of December 2008, Holger Hoffstaette wrote:
>>
>> A while after disconnecting a samba client, the smbd samba server
>> process goes crazy and consumes 100% CPU. From that time on it is
>> unkillable (kill -9 returns but the process continues to run). The only
>> recourse is reboot, which works without problem (i.e. unmounting the
>> served filesystems is apparently possible?). I tried to attach to the
>> process with gdb but that just hung.
>> [..]
>
> Please bisect.

I would love to try, but this is my "production server" (i.e. I need it
for real work) and I'll be traveling the next few days. I will try to
bisect after that (if nobody else has any ideas) but will have to make
sure the bug is actually reproducible after the timeout - for now I only
observed it by accident (via mrtg).
In the meantime maybe someone else will observe it as well.

thanks
Holger