Concerning EHCI BIOS handoff timeout

From: Sirius
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 10:58:05 EST

Hello everyone!

My BIOS seems to be buggy when it comes to the EHCI BIOS handoff process (at least that's what syslog is telling me). That's why I need to wait for the timeout (five seconds) to happen EVERY boot. So I know in advance that something won't happen but still I need to wait for it - not to happen.

Of course I could just change the timeout to 0 in /drivers/usb/host/pci-quirks.c but then all the benefits from running my distribution's kernel would be gone.

I think there should be a way (maybe via a kernel boot parameter?) to tell the kernel that there is no need to wait.

Thanks for your input,
Sirius