Re: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb

From: Trilok Soni
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 01:28:49 EST

Hi Mauro,

> This is one of the lack of the features on mercurial. It doesn't have a meta
> tag for committer. On mercurial, the -hg user and the author should be the same
> person.
>
> Since we want to identify the patch origin (e.g. whose v4l/dvb maintainer got
> the patch), we use the internal "user" meta-tag as the committer, and an extra
> tag, at the patch description for the author (From:).
>
> When creating the -git patch, the "From:" tag is replaced, by script, for
> "Author:", I add my SOB there, and, I add myself as the -git committer (on git
> we have both meta-tags).

Isn't it good time to move v4l2-dvb tree to GIT? I am not aware of any
hg-to-git repo. converter, but I can check with hg and git community.
It could be difficult at first, but I am very confident that there are
many GIT users here than mercurial, and yes your v4l-dvb maintenance
process might change due move from GIT, but atleast you will not have
to internal user meta-data per patch.

--
---Trilok Soni
http://triloksoni.wordpress.com