Re: [rfc] x86: optimise page fault path a little

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Nov 13 2008 - 23:44:58 EST

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Nick Piggin wrote:

> Oh OK. I am going to add those changes that you suggested (in fact, I
> already have). I just thought for some reason you wanted it to make
> further cleanups or something.

No, I think it really looked like a potentially very nice cleanup already,
with just a few nagging things that made me say "that's worse than it used
to be".

Of course, it would be _really_ nice to see it as a series of smaller
patches splitting things up a bit more incrementally, but I guess it's not
a huge one even as-is.

Linus