Re: 2.6.28-rc3(-next20081103) suspend issues on Lenovo X200

From: Rob Latham
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 15:50:14 EST

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Nico -telmich- Schottelius
<nico-linux-next@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When running xorg the system freezes on wakeup and hard reboots after
> 20 seconds (again: looks like some kind of watchdog, though I am not
> aware of anything like that in the X200).
>
> Sincerly,
>
> Nico (again: looks like some kind of watchdog, though I am not
> aware of anything like that in the X200).

Hi Nico, all.

I've had good results disabling one core before suspending, and then
enabling the extra core after wakeup. The watchdog in that case
might not be the intel driver at all, but rather something in the
kernel that kicks in in such conditions?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6105510&postcount=12

(I put the "sleep before enabling 2nd core" in the background and for
a longer period of time)

Suspending/resuming in this single-core mode has worked really well
for me for the last day or so.

Hope that helps point to the root cause...
==rob