Re: [1/1] Use pid in inotify events.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 13:40:46 EST

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 01:35:07PM -0500, Robert Love (rlove@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Pointing out some other information leak doesn't lessen the pid problem.

I just wanted to show that this is not a security problem.
Since there are others probably even more important.

But I really do not want to start to discuss this, since I already see
that result will be effectively zero, so returning to the original
problem with putting pid into events: if inotify_init() caller has 0
(e)uid or if IO origin has the same (e)uid, are you ok to put pid into
the event?

--
Evgeniy Polyakov