Re: Git next: Second stage of cpu_alloc patches

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 08:55:13 EST

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:56:52 -0600 (CST) Christoph Lameter <cl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The second stage of the cpu_alloc patchset can be pulled from

kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/christoph/work.git cpu_alloc_stage2

Please send the patches for review. Always.

Well okay can we define a process how to get patches merged with the -next tree involved? It was nice when you handled all of this but the last version of the cpu_alloc was thrown out of mm because of a -next conflict and so it seemed better to go to the source than risk this again.

I've forgotten how this whole cpu_alloc thing worked and now it's all
stuffed away in some git tree somewhere. Oh well, whee...

Ok so post a patchset to lkml and at the same time offer a git tree?