Re: 2.6.28-rc3: usb_hcd_poll_rh_status: array subscript is abovearray bounds

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 11:21:18 EST

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:10:33 -0500 (EST)
Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Dp you know if it was ever reported to gcc folks?
>
> I have no idea. All I know is what was reported on LKML.

I reported this bug (well from a different part of the kernel, but same
warning) to gcc and yes it's a "gcc behavior"
apparently they produce the warning in a phase of the compiler before
the optimization to remove this code as "not taken".

There's a fix floating around but it's only a partial fix or something
like that.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org